Friday, August 13, 2010

Since you have been gone

It has been almost two summers since you have been gone
Two years since I asked the the lady who brings our newspaper into work everyday
if she was going to bring me good news or bad news, she said hopefully good news
I opened up page A5 where they usually place the local obituaries


It has been almost two summers since you have been gone
Two years since I asked the the lady who brings our newspaper into work everyday
if she was going to bring me good news or bad news, she said hopefully good news
I opened up page A5 where they usually place the local obituaries

And the rumors of you , that you had died
were true
I didn't want to believe them
I called both of your cell phone numbers, they wern't disconnected yet
I called my mother crying, I was shaking tears sliding down my face like a waterfall
I was choking, cause I had just had seen you two days prior
I still think about you
Wishing I would have told you so many things
the weekend you stayed with me in my bed
and we just laid  there next to each other as friends
you were my first best male friend

We met our sophomore yr of high school
The memories I have are to personal to share with anyone
The most recent one was a month before you passed

We went to a friends twenty third birthday get together at a local dive bar
we drove your truck and I asked about stopping by Wal-mart
to pick up a disposable camera , then I just said forget it

I regret it, In the 8 years we knew each other, we lost contact for
around 5, I have no pictures o f you except for the one in the yr books and the
pic in your obit

I miss you

No comments:

Post a Comment